- BACECAMP (the “Programme”) is organised by Action Community for Entrepreneurship (ACE) Ltd (“ACE”, “we”, “us” or “our”), a company registered under the laws of Singapore, with its registered office located at 79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #01-14, Singapore 139955. The Programme is conducted by ACE in collaboration with our partner network (“Partners”).
- Your participation in the Programme is governed by these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you accept the offer to participate in the Programme. By your acceptance of the offer, you shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Announcements and Updates
- Announcements and updates on the Programme will be communicated via the Programme website located at https://bacecamp.ace.org.sg (the “Programme Website”). It is your responsibility, as a participant of the Programme, to check the Programme Website regularly for such announcements and updates.
- The Programme will be conducted in accordance with the following indicative schedule. We reserve the right to change or rearrange the schedule, for any reason. Such changes or rearrangements to the schedule will be notified to you through the Programme Website.
- Week 1: Programme onboarding, pitch design
- Week 2: Business model canvas, go-to-market strategy
- Week 3: Sales & marketing, incorporation services
- Week 4: Pitch to grant evaluators or angel investors for promising startups
Selection for Pitching to Grant Evaluators or Angel Investors
- Acceptance into the Programme is not a guarantee that ACE will recommend your application to Enterprise Singapore for the Startup SG Founder grant or that you will be given an opportunity to pitch to angel investors.
- In selecting participants of the Programme (“Participants”) for pitching to grant evaluators or angel investors, ACE will assess which participant best meets the eligibility and evaluation criteria of each grant evaluator or angel investor, including those required by Startup SG Founder ground. The key criteria include differentiated business, feasibility of the business model, potential market opportunity and management team.
- All of ACE’s decisions in relation to the selection of Participants for pitching to grant evaluators or angel investors are final. No discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
- ACE adopts a zero-equity model and does not require any payment or an equity stake from Participants.
- However, as a Participant, you:
- agree to participate in surveys organised by ACE and provide ACE with progress updates on your business in the next 3 years after the end of the Programme.
- hereby grant us the right to use your company or business name and trademarks and your likeness and biographical material in connection with the publicity and marketing of ACE and/or the Programme by all means and in all media throughout the world in perpetuity.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You retain full and exclusive ownership of all rights, including intellectual property rights, in and to any information and content that you submit to us in connection with the Programme.
- You agree that all rights, including intellectual property rights, in and to the Programme materials provided by ACE and any materials provided by our Partner belong to us and our Partners respectively. You are not authorised to share or distribute such materials, or to make any copies or adaptations of such materials.
- You are not authorised to use the trademarks of ACE or our Partners in any advertising, publicity, or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of ACE or our Partners, which may be withheld for any or no reason.
- You shall not make any derogatory statement or announcement or give any confidential or false information directly or indirectly relating to ACE, its business or internal affairs, the Programme, our Partners or other Participants, to any third party.
- We collect personal data from you in the following situations:
- when you submit your application for the Programme;
- during the course of your participation in the Programme (such as photographs and videos); and
- other situations in which you have chosen to provide personal data to us.
- You agree to our collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing and assessing your application for the Programme.
- Administering and conducting the Programme.
- Facilitating your pitches and applications to grant evaluators and angel investors
- Maintaining contact with you after the Programme and to track your business progress.
- Publicity and marketing of ACE and/or the Programme.
- Providing you with email updates on events and opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Conducting research, analytics and surveys to enable us to understand and determine preferences, requirements and demographics of the startup community in Singapore.
- Meeting or complying with our obligations under applicable law.
- Any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- We may share your personal data with our Partners and other third parties who are involved in the Programme or who assist us in the purposes described above. If we are required to transfer your personal data outside of Singapore, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with the requirements of applicable personal data protection laws.
- If you are providing personal data on a third party, you represent and warrant that you have consent to provide their personal data to us for the purposes described above.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Programme at any time for any reason. Such change will be notified to you through the Programme Website.
- If there is any dispute or question as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the results of the Programme, or any other matter relating to the Programme, the decision of ACE shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
- While ACE and our Partners will make every effort to ensure that the Programme runs smoothly, ACE, our Partners, and the respective personnel of ACE and our Partners, will not be liable: (a) for the termination your participation in the Programme due to your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions; (b) in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) misrepresentation or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the Programme or these Terms and Conditions, or for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including (without limitation) damages for loss of profit, goodwill, business opportunity or anticipated savings.
- ACE does not accept responsibility for any grant or investment that you may receive as a result of the Programme.
- Nothing in the Terms and Conditions excludes the liability of ACE or our Partners for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of ACE or our Partners, or for fraud.
Termination of Participation
- ACE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate your participation in the Programme immediately for any of the following reasons:
- If you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are in breach of or have failed to observe or comply with any applicable laws.
- For your poor attendance (i.e. attendance of less than 75% of the Programme sessions, being less than 6 out of 8 sessions).
- For bad conduct or offensive behaviour.
- If you give or have given any false or misleading information in your application for the Programme or at any time during the course of the Programme.
- If you become bankrupt or insolvent or unable to pay your debts within the meaning of the application legislation, or if you suffer any distress or execution to be levied or shall have a bankruptcy or winding up order made against you or suffering the filing of bankruptcy or winding-up petition or shall make any arrangement or composition with creditors or take or suffer any similar action in consequence of a debt.
- Any decision by ACE to terminate your participation in the Programme is final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained.
- We may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time at our sole discretion. We will post any changes to these Terms and Conditions on the Programme Website with the late of the last revision duly recorded. You agree to review the revised Terms and Conditions so that you are aware of any changes. By your continued participation in the Programme, you shall be deemed to have agreed to such changes.
- No failure or delay by us or our Partners to exercise any right under any law or under these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a waiver of that right, or a restriction of any future exercise of that right.
- Any term held to be invalid or unenforceable shall not invalidate the remaining terms, and any invalidity or unenforceability in one jurisdiction shall not invalidate such provision in another jurisdiction.
- These Terms and Conditions sets forth the entire agreement and supersedes all prior agreements and understanding between you, and us and our Partners relating to the Programme.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws. You irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts and agree that any dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be finally resolved by the Singapore courts.